Circuit Hotel in Jalisco
Las Alamandas is an intimate retreat created by Isabel Goldsmith-Patiño within a 1500-acre private paradise of exotic trees, palms, flowers, wild birds, lagoons, and endless white-sand beaches. The 14-room hideaway, which is located on a private 1 km beach, holds a maximum of 30 guests. It is managed like an elegant, private estate where guests are accorded the highest standards of hospitality.
The romantic paradise is located on the Mexican Riviera, south of Puerto Vallarta and north of Manzanillo, along the famed “Costalegre” coast of the state of Jalisco. Driving time is 1 and 1/2 hours from Manzanillo Airport and 2 hours from Puerto Vallarta.
Las Alamandas will arrange airport pick-up and delivery by a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned car. There is a private asphalted landing strip (3,300 feet) at the resort, capable of accommodating small aircraft that can be chartered.
The Owner’s Vision Meets the Guest’s Special Needs:
Isabel Goldsmith is the granddaughter of “Bolivian Tin King” Don Antenor Patiño, who developed Las Hadas resort in Manzanillo (where Bo Derek frolicked in the film “10”). In 1989, Isabel acquired the breathtaking acreage on which Don Antenor had visualized a large resort and golf course. His granddaughter, however, was passionate about preserving the environment. Her vision resulted in an unforgettable haven for discriminating international clientele, honeymoon couples, and many of the world’s brightest stars. Robert De Niro and Francis Ford Coppola have found the retreat perfect for family gatherings and private celebrations. Sting, Cindy Crawford, and Robin Williams have stayed as guests, and Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston chartered the property for an intimate “turn of the Millennium” extravaganza with friends and family.
Décor by Isabel Goldsmith- Patiño, architecture by Gabriel Nunez. Isabel Goldsmith has searched out the best of Mexican design, fabrics, and arts and crafts. Mexican rattan sofas are upholstered in canary yellow or shocking pink fabric with brightly colored, embroidered cushions to relax at siesta time. Mexican folk art and hand-painted artifacts combine with furniture crafted by the best artisans in the region. All of the suites and guest villas feature oversized tiled bathrooms, mini-bars and indoor/outdoor lounge areas. High-pitched tile roofs shade spacious terraces furnished for siesta time and al fresco dining. Pale yellow paths, decorated with stone mosaics wind through gardens fragrant with the scent of gardenias, pink and purple bougainvillea, high-blooming jasmine, as well as the brilliant yellow Alamanda flower for which the resort is named. The Palapa Beach Club, designed in keeping with Ms. Goldsmith’s vision to accentuate the local culture, incorporates Aztec motifs representing the elements of Mother Nature.
The Villas: Private Suites and Guest Houses
Casa del Sol (Luxurious Beachfront Villa)
The largest of all villas, located on the main, private beach, Casa del Sol consists of three separate and very private accommodations including the resort’s Presidential Suite. Guests enjoying the villa in its entirety will feel as if they’ve reserved their own private, beachfront home with room for four couples or a family of eight. Separately, Casa Del Sol offers two Deluxe Bedrooms in addition to the two-bedroom Presidential Suite. All rooms have their own mini-bars. There are comfortable chaise lounges set up for sunbathing on the manicured lawns.
Sol Presidential offers a large master suite with King size bed, en suite bathroom and a private oceanfront terrace. There is a spacious entry, with powder room, that leads to the living- room, outdoor veranda with a large terrace with a corner sofa for afternoon siestas and an area for al fresco dining. Sol Presidential also offers an additional Superior bedroom with Queen sized bed, and en suite bathroom.
237.90 m2 (2560 sq. feet)
Sol Alberca offers a Deluxe Bedroom with a King size bed, en suite bathroom and a lovely terrace for dining complete with a sofa for afternoon siestas or taking in the stunning ocean views.
93.80 m2 (1010 sq. feet)
Sol Playa is also a Deluxe Bedroom with a King size bed, bathroom en suite and a lovely terrace for dining complete with a sofa for afternoon siestas or taking in the stunning lawn & ocean views.
93.80 m2 (1010 sq. feet)
Casa Isabel (Luxurious Beachfront Villa)
Previously the proprietor’s residence and also located on the main, private beach, this villa may be enjoyed in its entirety by three couples or a family of six. The Main entrance lobby gives access to the Master Suite on the ground floor and the upper Deluxe Bedroom. Both are totally private. All rooms have their own mini-bars. There are comfortable chaise lounges set up for sunbathing on the manicured lawns.
Isabel Master Suite offers a King size bed, en suite bathroom and luxurious master living room with large sliding doors opening to a magnificent outdoor veranda with a large terrace with a sofa and hammock for afternoon siestas and al fresco dining. Newly added is a refreshing splash pool with an integrated Jacuzzi.
201.40 m2 (2167 sq. feet)
Isabel King, with its own private entrance, offers a King size bed, en suite bathroom with vanity and a separate walk-in closet, and a TV den with sofa bed. There is a small veranda with a lovely terrace with a sofa for afternoon siestas and an area for al fresco dining.
72.03 m2 (775 sq. feet)
Isabel Upper-Level King offers a King size bed, en suite bathroom, and an exceptional private rooftop terrace with a sofa for afternoon siestas, chaise lounges for sunbathing while taking in the stunning ocean views, and an area for al fresco dining.
115.74 m2 (1245 sq. feet)
Casa del Domo (Luxurious Beachfront Villa)
Casa del Domo is located on the main, private beach. With its distinctive shocking pink dome, it is Las Alamandas’ signature villa and is featured on the resort’s brochure cover.
Casa del Domo is available in its entirety for four guests or divided into a Master Suite and a Deluxe King Bedroom. All rooms have their own mini-bars. There are comfortable chaise lounges set up for sunbathing on the manicured lawns.
Domo Master offers a King size bed, large en suite bathroom with tub and a separate double shower, and walk-in closet. Adjacent to the bedroom is a large TV room with sofa bed. There is a spacious entry with powder room that leads to the luxurious master living room, with large sliding doors opening to a magnificent outdoor veranda with a large terrace with a sofa and hammock for afternoon siestas and an area for al fresco dining. Newly added is a private outdoor Jacuzzi for two.
257.76 m2 (2774 sq. feet)
Domo King, with its own private entrance, offers a King size bed, en suite bathroom with vanity and separate walk-in closet, and a TV den with sofa bed. There is a small veranda with a lovely terrace with a sofa for afternoon siestas and an area for al fresco dining.
81.92 m2 (881 sq. feet)
Casa Azul (Luxurious Garden and Ocean View Villa)
Casa Azul, as its name indicates is decorated in shades of blue, and overlooks the fountains and lush gardens of Plaza de Los Delfines. It consists of one Master Suite and two individual Deluxe bedrooms. All rooms have their own mini-bars.
Azul Master Suite, which occupies the entire second floor of the villa, consists of a bedroom with King size bed, sitting room, en suite bathroom, and a spacious shaded veranda with dining area and sofa for afternoon siestas or enjoying stunning views of the entire resort. It also features an exceptional rooftop terrace with panoramic views and is furnished for sunbathing or stargazing in private.
187.10 m2 (2013 sq. feet)
Azul King has a King size bed with en suite bathroom. There is a small veranda with a lovely terrace with a sofa and a hammock for afternoon siestas and an area for al fresco dining.
57.00 m2 (613 sq feet)
Azul Junior includes two Queen size beds, en suite bathroom and a small veranda with a lovely terrace with a sofa for afternoon siestas and an area for al fresco dining.
79.35 m2 (854 sq feet)
All accommodations have their own private entrance.
Casa San Miguel (Luxurious Garden and Ocean View Villa)
Next to Casa Azul is Casa San Miguel, a one-bedroom suite with King size bed, en suite bathroom and mini-bar. It has a veranda with a lovely terrace for dining al fresco complete with a sofa for afternoon siestas. There is also an intimate rooftop terrace with a large daybed shaded by a pergola, totally private for sunbathing or gazing at the stars.
Casa San Miguel is nestled within lush gardens. The mood is romantic.
113.49 m2 (1221 sq feet)
Casa San Antonio (Luxurious Garden and Ocean View Villa)
This spacious villa was created with romance in mind. It has two Deluxe Bedrooms with secluded terraces and accommodates four people. Surrounded by lush gardens with panoramic views of beach and ocean, Casa San Antonio nestles atop a small hill adjacent to Casa San Miguel. Both rooms have their own mini-bars.
San Antonio 1 is a Deluxe Bedroom with a large King size four-poster bed, en suite bathroom, lovely terrace for dining al fresco complete with a sofa for afternoon siestas, and an outdoor Jacuzzi tub & shower. There are comfortable chaise lounges set up for sunbathing on the manicured lawns.
125.04 m2 (1345 sq feet)
San Antonio 2 is a Deluxe Bedroom with King size bed, en suite bathroom, and an intimate rooftop terrace offering spectacular views of the whole resort, with an al fresco dining area, and a large daybed shaded by a pergola, totally private for siestas or gazing at the stars.
101.43 m2 (1090 sq feet)
Both accommodations have their own private entrance.
The “Oasis” Restaurant: Surrounded by palms and overlooking the ocean, the menu includes both Mexican and European entrees. All of the ingredients are fresh; the fish and seafood are the best of the daily catch from local fishermen. The eggs and chickens are free range. Many of the fruits and vegetables, and all of the herbs are grown organically on the property. Pastries are prepared fresh daily. In the evenings, the gardens are illuminated and the terrace candles lit. The Oasis can also prepare elaborate dinner buffets complete with mariachis and bonfires on the beach.
The Pergola: Right by the ocean and close to the Oasis, the picturesque Pergola welcomes up to 14 guests for lunch and dinner. Throughout the day and evening, nature’s ever-changing wonders add to the enjoyment- sun-dappled sand and sea by day, starry skies by moonlight. The Pergola is a perfect spot for couples and small gatherings.
“La Palapa” Beach Club: Designed by the noted Mexican architect Manuel Mestre, La Palapa is a favorite with guests for casual alfresco lunches and dinners, or toasting a world without stress at the wood-canopied bar. Under a main structure supported by Guava wood columns wrapped with natural roots, La Palapa celebrates the Aztec concept of the five suns. A natural carpet of double-colored river stones surrounds a depiction of the Xochitl Alamandas flower, symbol of Purification, for which the resort is named. There is also an inviting open deck terrace with umbrellas and sun beds and cozy sofas with plentiful seating for conversation and cocktails before dining.
Activities on Land and Sea:
- A 60-foot fresh water swimming pool is equipped with massage jets and is surrounded by chaises and umbrellas. A colorful min-pergola and a charming small palapa at either end provide shade, privacy, and lounging on white-terry cloth beds with multiple cushions. A wonderful sense of fun prevails.
- A floodlit tennis court and fully-equipped gym (designed by Robert De Niro!) for games and exercise.
- Oceanfront massage/yoga Palapa offering a host of massage treatments, salon services, and yoga instruction.
- Explore the views and unspoiled acreage by horseback, mountain bike, or hiking trails.
- Boat rentals or fishing and snorkeling in nearby waters can be easily arranged.
- Boat rides on the River San Nicolas.
- Bird watching is especially rewarding either at the resort’s bird sanctuary or at Bird Island nearby. Migrating ducks, cormorants, egrets, herons, and close to 100 other species have been sighted.
- Boogie boards, surfing, croquets, ping-pong and beach volleyball are also available.
- Las Alamandas has an extensive collection of books and films (both classic and recently-released) to be enjoyed in the Library or in the villas. There is also a satellite large-screen television at the bar.
- Art Gallery, TV and Library Lounge, and Conference Room: Highlighted by Alamandas’ signature bright colors, surrounded by gentle fountains and magically lit at night, the Gallery showcases a revolving collection of artwork by various local Arts and Crafts Masters. The Gallery at Las Alamandas also serves as a spacious new reading, relaxing, meeting and media room complete with oversized sofas for comfortable gatherings in front of a large-screen TV. Here, guests may view International Satellite programming, choose from an extensive collection of classic and current movie hits, or conduct small business meetings, briefings and/or presentations in great comfort and style. There is also a selection of board games including backgammon and chess to enjoy in a relaxed and luxurious setting.
- “Estrella Azul” Rooftop Lounge Bar: Las Alamandas turns up the heat with this hot and sexy latest addition to its already romantic and sensuous surroundings. Combining all the chic lounge tactics found in the world’s elite bar hideaways with Alamandas’ idyllic warm climate and ocean breezes- “Estrella Azul” creates the mood for enchantment and excitement. Whether curled up in the cushions as a couple, or gathered socially around the colorfully illuminated bar with friends, here guests feel on top of the world.
With a name meaning “Blue Star,” the blue bar merges with the sky as you lie back amongst oversized turquoise cushions with the sound of a cool breeze softly swaying in the palm tops. Relax under “Orion’s Belt” and gaze at the night’s skies, a telescope to explore further and catch those shooting stars! Discover the world of Tequilas and aphrodisiac mezcal, nibble on freshly prepared Hors d’oeuvres and dream away the night to the sounds of music.
- Kids’ Club: The new Las Alamandas Kids’ Club offers a sophisticated mini-resort all its own, specifically designed for the young vacationers to Paradise. Surrounded by lush lawns directly beside the beach with panoramic ocean views, the Kids’ Club consists of an open-air pergola with programmed kids’ activities (coloring, painting, crafts), fun-filled playground equipment (“Jungle Gym” with spiral slide, swings, monkey bars, playhouse and more), a variety of toys, games, badminton setup, and mini soccer field. Child-sitting services are also available upon request.
Las Alamandas is also pleased to announce the addition of a new half basketball court.
Creativity and romance are equally at home within the secluded borders of Las Alamandas. A number of wedding ceremonies have taken place on the beach during the resort’s short history. Corporations have enjoyed the opportunity to take over the resort for VIP conferences. Las Alamandas is a distinct member of Mexico Boutique Hotels